Monday, February 4, 2013

Seeing the future

Maintaining.  This is a word I always associate with dieting.  Some would disagree with me and say it applies to other things.  My take on it is that whenever I've heard it, "She's maintaining; that's good." I can only assume it relates to a diet.

So that's basically what my past week brought.  Maintaining, or as our leader says, not getting on yourself for a failure to lose.  I can't really complain because I'm up only .2 lbs.  Not much to spill your milk over and cry in it.  I think the word should be changed to motivating, because whether you are losing or gaining, you have some motivation to keep going.  That is, if you face it as an adult and move on. 

Today's topic, which focused mainly on planning your future (tomorrow, the next day, the day after that), turned into "Why did I go to that Superbowl Party, eat those wings, drink so much beer?"  I personally did not suffer from this malady because I still chose wisely.  I decided early on that if my husband wanted some sort of Super Bowl treat, it would remain a healthful one.  Luckily, he wasn't against that and eagerly ate all of his Weight Watchers recipe Mozzarella Sticks.  I'm extremely thankful for the WW String Cheese, because it is the main contributor to the recipe.  They were quite yummy and I would definitely make them again.  I will, however, freeze them before baking next time because they melted into cheese puddles in the oven.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, because, as I've mentioned, they were yummy.

So, what is stopping us from planning the future?  Why don't we plan for exercise, which, as told by our leader, is an important component.  I'm sure we all know this, but we're better at making excuses for not doing it rather than having it in our weekly plan.  If we can track our food, we can track the exercise we get, no matter what it is.  This has always been a downfall for me in terms of maintaining the weight I lose.  I never realize that along with the good eating habits, I need to keep moving.  My job keeps me pretty sedentary; there's no running around the office when you're updating HTML and Java Script all day.  I can't do jumping jacks when I'm creating buttons in PowerPoint and saving them as JPEGs.  That sounds like exercise, doesn't it?  I can testify to the fact that it isn't.  I'm glad that I've been doing more walking.  I've taken advantage of WW's new Active Link, which I wear on my belt all day long.  It tracks every move I make, which is good, because it helps me earn activity points.  If I earn enough of them in a week, I can swap them for food.  My goal is to start earning more than I have been.  Walking to and from the train and a little bit during lunch has been gaining me 1-2 points a day, but that's not where I really should be.  I have to amp it up.  I was given a free DVD when I joined, so I really need to explore that.

I want to be able to talk about my goal setting next week at the meeting, so I'm resolving (ooh, there's that word I hate) to really check out the DVD (not just read the back) and to add more walking to my day.  I know I can make that work. 

Hit the comments and let me know what you're planning to do.  I know it will give me inspiration, as I hope this blog is inspiring you.

No comments:

Post a Comment