Friday, December 4, 2009

Lessons learned and re-thinking plans

Oy.

There's not much more I can say about this week. It has been an eternity since I've written a new post.

I've been really bad at following my original plan, and in the last few months, I have regained nearly 20 lbs. Nope, not proud of myself at all.

People say, "you don't look like you've gained". Gee, thanks!

I decided to change primary care providers recently. I really like my previous doctor, but he is getting up in age, and honestly, looking at his crooked toupe each visit was slightly disturbing. But I digress.

After Thanksgiving and the ridiculous amounts of food I ate that day and the enitre weekend, I started feeling odd stomach pains. Cut to the new doc and an appointment. Walked in, waited over an hour to see him. BP checked - get this, 190/120 - WHAAAAAAAT?

Last time it was checked, nearly a year ago, it was 110/90. What the hell had I done to myself? Clearly I am not paying attention to taking care of myself. Right away, they put me in a room, told me to take this orangeish pill and lay down. Huh? It was all happening so fast. I was freaking out. Probably didn't help that I dissolved into tears when the doctor gave me the numbers. "Are you like this all the time?", he asked. I'm like, "Uh, no!" Girl comes back in 20 mminutes and the numbers are down. Okay, but not enough, it seems. Other half of pill is given. "Lay down for a little while longer", she says. OMG! 20 more minutes go by and I'm crawling out of my skin. Doc comes in and says it has gone down more, but the lower number is better than the higher. He writes a prescription for meds and tells me to go home, take one tonight, and one per day; come back Thursday. So soon? All righty, then.

Thursday... BP still high. So now they've doubled the dose (not thrilling me, due to the cost of this stuff).

So, I'm still learning. I suppose we will do this until we leave this lovely earth. I'm going to write more. Still need to undergo a test to see what the stomach stuff is... December is a month of doctor visits, and getting back on track.

Stay with me...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, smoosh...long time no blog. Hope all tests are going (and will go) well. You know why I'm a little worries about things over in Queens, but I hope things go well there too. Oh boy. On unrelated note: I've got to get myself over to weight watchers, for real. And fast. Starting "contest" at gym again. And that was kind of an accident re: facebook. I am not drinking the cool aid.

    ReplyDelete