Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back On The Journey

So, here's to new beginnings...

I've decided in this New Year of 2013 to rejoin Weight Watchers.

Two things to know about me:
  1. I don't make resolutions.  I'm not very good at keeping them.
  2. I do follow through quite well on personal commitments.  See 2008-2009 and my over 50 lb. weight loss in a 9 month span.
One may think there is no difference here.  Obvi, there is for me.  I don't like the resolution because it has a name and everyone is going to question you about it.  And, it always comes with a slightly whiny voice, "What did you resolve to do this year"?  You know what, none of your business, whiny, annoying person.  

For me to accomplish anything in my life and that includes day-to-day stuff at work, I need to make silent commitment to myself.  It always works.

In the past three years or so, I have joined and rejoined WW and also tried to lose with Spark People.  SP is very well intentioned, but without any real people to listen to and to listen to you, it hasn't been a success for me.  When you log into the site, they give you awards just for visiting it.  What's that about?  Clearly, I don't need awards for visiting a website; if there were awards for that sort of thing on TV, I would be a clear winner.  I could be called up to the podium by Ryan Gosling, say, or Brad Pitt after he's taken a shower - a long one (if you don't know, there is an industry secret that he reeks).  I'd be all gushy and thanking, who I don't know, because this is my journey.  I'd thank me - thanks for visiting TV Line today.  Great job reading about the soaps.  Now we know how silly these awards are and they can't possibly motivate you to lose any weight.

In all honesty, I really just want to be healthy.  I do have to say that it is very motivating to me that after only doing this again for a few days, I am already feeling better.  This could all be psychological, but at the end of the day, if something motivates me to continue on this journey, I'll take it.

I'll be back soon to recap my week and my successes and failures.  It's all part of the journey and I hope you join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment