Monday, January 14, 2013

Slow And Steady Wins The Race

I'm proud to say that in my first week back on WW, I lost 2.2 lbs.  To be honest, it is less than I wanted to lose.  My last time around at this, I took 6 lbs. off the first week.  I couldn't believe that was even possible.

When I first sat down waiting for the meeting today, I had a tiny bit of sadness.  I did everything they told me I should be doing.  Remember, if I am going to do something, I have to go all-in.  Suggestions were to change your spaces, so I cleaned out the refrigerator and the cabinets.  I replaced all the bad stuff with vegetables, fruits (most zero points), lean protein and lots of good whole grains.  I'm on a new kick eating things with flax.  Everything these days comes with added flax.  Oatmeal, bread, even pasta.  Glad to know this, as it makes it easy, and truthfully, this stuff actually tastes way better.  I know, you'd think high fiber foods have a weird taste, but that's not the case at all.

The leader asked who was new from last week.  I reluctantly raised my hand, and I wonder why it was reluctant because last time I did this, I was chatty Cathy in the meeting room.  Then she pointed to each of us and we had to say what worked for us and if we lost weight.  I suddenly had an epiphany; this stuff is cathartic.  When the first girl said she lost 7 lbs. in her first week, I wanted to smack her, but it ends up that now that she's drinking water instead of wine in her many client shmooze fests, she lost because alcohol is a killer.  I don't tend to drink much at all, so I didn't have that to give up.  I'm now glad that I lost at all.

I also started walking more.  How nice for all of us in NYC that the weather has been milder this last week.  I have a DVD from WW, but I need to figure out what to do with my living room; if I'm going to change my spaces, I need a space that is good for exercising.  Right now, I'd just fall over and hit the wall unit, and that wouldn't be good, right?

Luckily, my husband is all-in, too.  That's what helped me the last time and I'm sure it will help me now.

Now I'm looking forward to next week.  I hope to lose some more, but if I don't, I won't berate myself.  I'll just move forward, slow and steady.


No comments:

Post a Comment