Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm at a Loss (and not just for words)...

I should have been anticipating this.  "What?" you ask.  I should have anticipated a loss.  I honestly had no idea and did not feel like any weight was lost in the past week.  Why?  I have been struggling a little with losses.  There has been a lot of up and down in the past 4-5 weeks and I wasn't really in that frame of mind.

 

What you probably already know about me is that I'm not really good at focusing on more than one thing.  So, when I finally joined a gym a few weeks ago, that became my focus.  So much so, that I have obsessed about it every day.  I'm staying on track with when I go and I am still making sure that I add a little walking each day, at least 10 minutes.

 

I was even sort of beating myself up this weekend when I was feeling a little under the weather.  Speaking of weather, it was still kind of sucky out in that the temps didn't feel like going above the mid-50's.  I ended up lounging most of the day Saturday until I pushed myself to go do some shopping and while I only ventured out for 10 minutes Sunday, I came right home, made us a healthy breakfast and broke out the vacuum and mop.  I even moved some furniture.  The only being not pleased with my mini-redecorating was the cat.  Too bad, so sad buddy.  It took him only about 20 minutes to realize we moved his food and litter box to different places.  He'll survive. 

 

It actually took me an hour or so to get into all of our nooks and crannies with the dirt sucker and the mop (or grime pusher as the hubs likes to call it).  What pleased me was that I was really sweating when I was done.  I probably should have blasted some Bruno Mars (both CDs) and gone to town.  But, I worry that I would have gotten bored.  What will I do Wednesday night when TV blows and it's not a gym night?  This way, I can do some more cleaning and the weekend will hopefully have some nice weather in which I can walk.

 

It may seem like I don't have a point here (that goes to my wacky focusing problem), but I do, I promise.  I now know that if I can't go to the gym, I can still find ways to incorporate moving into my routine.  Perhaps I can start dancing when I'm cooking dinner.  Maybe I can watch my favorite show while walking back and forth.  I don't know.  I just want to make sure that I am putting a focus on exercise and that I am still eating right.  At some point I will see losses every week, and if they are as good or even not so good as this week's (3.4 lbs, people!), I'll be able to move on.

 

What kinds of things are you doing to stay creative in your journey?  Do you have a crazy way of moving that no one else you know is doing?  Hit the comments and let me know.  Here's to moving and losing for good. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment