Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Here I Go Again (thanks, Whitesnake!)

Yes, here I go again.

My journey towards health and weight loss began exactly 1 year, 6 months and 10 days ago. I joined the fabulous Weight Watchers on February 8th, 2008. By the beginning of September, I had lost nearly 43 lbs! Yay, me! I was feeling better, looking better, down 4 sizes (yup, that's right!). By December (holiday time), I was down a total of 50 lbs. I could not contain my excitement. Everyone I knew or did not even know personally was complimenting me.

So, what happened? The truth is it is not too shocking in terms of weight gain. I really believe it is my self-esteem that has been affected and is affecting the journey from continuing.

Have I given up? No, it is not in my nature to do that. I really, for a long time, months even, believed I was maintaining. I spent my days telling myself that after more than a year recording every morsel, I could take a break from it. The result of that break? Weight gain. I cannot put it more simply than that. I decided about a week or so ago to give it another try (hence redux).

So, do I have a plan? Yes. Am I sure it is going to work? Not at all. Weight Loss (and the maintenance thereof) is really a life-long pursuit, at least for me. Luckily, I have the most supportive husband (he really was a big part of my initial loss, and I know he will continue to be). My family and friends are ultra there for me, too!

The plan? To try it myself, with Weight Watchers' help, of course. I still subscribe to the website. I have to be more diligent about going to the meetings. I must record every morsel eaten. I will not beat myself up if I eat too much, even if I gain weight from said eating too much. To begin, using the gift certificate I received from my great bosses two months ago, I purchased a genuine WW scale (it's pretty), a digital food-weighing scale and a Bender ball. I also began DVR'ing some exercise programs. Yes, I even managed to get ten minutes of Total Body Sculpt with Gilad in last night after work.

So, Here I Go Again. I hope you'll join me!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, KABLOOEY, for becoming my first follower! I feel loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are. Good luck, but since I'm going on a 9 day gorgefest, I mean vacation, you should do as I say, not as I do, diet-wise. Hey: "Dietwise" how's that for a new line of frozen food/book tie-in/infomercial/exercise video/yoga apparel? Kirstey Alley could lose it again and be our spokesperson. (Kirstie Redux... ) Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great! Hopefully, Kirstie will be a role model and keep the loss off this time - I'm not sure I can look at her in a bikini and hose again...

    ReplyDelete