Thursday, August 20, 2009

IMPATIENT!

That is what I am afraid you can call me today. I can't think of any other word to describe me at this moment.

You know how you have those mornings where everything is going well. You have made the plan for your day, and you are sure it will all go smoothly. You've had those days, right? We all have. Even though I knew the temperature was going to climb to nearly 100 today, I did not let it faze me. In the short time I've been back at this, I have noticed a little (and I'm telling you, a very little amount of looseness) in the clothing. Another thing to keep me from being discouraged.

I arrived to the railroad early. The person behind the counter at the cafe got everything in my iced coffee order correct, not to mention the fact that I didn't have to hear the owner of said cafe scowl when I asked for FAT FREE Half n' Half. Yes, she usually scowls about that. For some reason, she thinks that a lot of her customers don't want FAT FREE Half n' Half, but believe me, she is dead wrong. I've heard plenty of people ask for it specifically. Whatever, I am getting away from my original point. The day was going perfectly.

And then...

Bum, bum, bum.....

The subway had issues. The line at the deli was out the door. My first instinct? To try and wait. Normally, when the line is long, it is because of the sheer amount of orders being thrown at the wonderful guy behind the counter. What was going wrong today? He wasn't there. What? How could he do this to us? Notice I don't say only me, because I know he has a loyal following. There was bellowing: "Hey, kid, you gave me the wrong sandwich!", "Yo, dude, can you get us some freakin tongs?"... yada, yada, yada. I instantly got a knot in my stomach. Really. Of course, this would not annoy the average chick on a diet. But me, no, I couldn't handle it. Yeah, I am a creature of habit. When something is not going my way, my habit is to avoid it altogether. I had to come up with a plan of action. Problem is, there are no other healthy proteins to be had at this place. Could I have gone somewhere else? Probably. Did I want to? Absolutely not. So, I did the thing I truly did not want to do. I grabbed a tong (by this time, they had put them out) and took a cinnamon raisin bagel. Yes, that's correct. I went towards the dark side. I got even darker. I purchased a tub of butter. Eeek. It is the very thing when avoided that brings great results. Am I mad? A little. Will I get though this. Sure.

The plan for the rest of the day? Write it all down (not just in this blog). I remember my original plan for the day: take control of this thing. And that is just what I am doing. I have used more points than I intended for breakfast. Luckily, this morning I painstakingly measured exactly 1/3 cup of tuna fish (in water, of course), and exactly 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Mixed together, it will make a fabulous tuna sandwich for lunch.

And that will be it. My real point here is that I am proud of myself for not really freaking out. The old me would have totally obsessed all day long. I'm not going to do that. To compensate, I will make sure I take that walk I have planned with my friend later. I will keep to my points total for the rest of the day.

And tomorrow is another day. Have a great one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment