Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tips and Tricks (what I've learned in the past and on this new journey)

I love that I am getting followers now... my goal for this whole thing is to have people read the blog and walk away with something useful in their own weight loss journey as well as me benefitting from the comments.

That's already happening! This is very exciting to me.

And now I want to share some tips and tricks that I've learned along the way (beginning with my original quest to lose, and the one I am on now):

  1. If you find yourself wanting to eat poorly between meals, give yourself ten minutes to decide if you really are hungry. I know about this because I do it when I am bored. (I normally want a snack at around 11 a.m. - I don't always need one - ten minutes not too long to wait!)
  2. If you find yourself wanting to eat poorly between meals (Part Deux), drink a tall glass of water! It really works!
  3. For those of us working every day, make sure you get up and move around the office. Studies have shown that even a little bit of movement is good. So, do it!
  4. Eat fruit! Eat popcorn (the light kind, preferably without butter)! Eat veggies (I choose colorful ones so they are fun to eat)! Spice up your food; when we have to eat in limited quantities, it is better to give your food some flavor - it will be more satisfying - stock up on spices, herbs, garlic, etc. Just make sure you pay attention to the expiration dates on the spices - old spices do not taste good.

Okay, I am keeping this short. I do welcome from you more suggestions (and I have been getting great ones in the comments, so read that, too!) And, as I just told my friend, Rock on With Your Bad Self! You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment